Strategic Management for Travel and Tourism (2 day program)
The Certified Travel & Tourism Professional (CTTP)
The Travel & Tourism Industry is the largest industry in the world today, with significant economic environmental and socio-cultural impacts. For many rich countries, the industry is an increasingly important development Strategy to positively address economic growth.
Tourism continues to grow and a double-digit growth is forecasted in the coming years with new hospitality projects being developed by many International companies.
From new hotels, airport expansion plans, sport events and leisure services, there is undoubtedly an evident increase in the business opportunities made available for the Travel Industry.
To manage this growth, the Travel Industry would require sustainable knowledge, expertise and personnel who would understand the changing times and business challenges facing the Travel & Tourism Industry.
- Introduces the Travel & Tourism environment and shares a global, regional and national, perspective of the changing times affecting the Travel Industry
- Introduces the Travel and Tourism Organization (Competences, Resources and Competitive Advantage)
- Strategy and Strategic Objectives for the Travel and Tourism organizations in a macro context
- Competitive Strategy and Direction for Travel and Tourism organizations
- Understanding Customer Service in the Travel Industry
- Understanding the importance of Supplier relationships in the Travel Industry (Vendor Management)
- Understanding the Sales Management function in the Travel Industry (Selling, Retaining and Prospecting of Customers)
- Understand the Performance Indicators for financial analysis in a Travel and Tour organization
- Understand the Impact of Technology in Changing times (From GDS to Internet to Web Marketing)
- Insights to Managing Service Companies (Leadership and Managerial essentials)
Duration of the Training
2 days session of 0900hrs to 1700hrs
Testing & Certification
The Testing will be based on Participant’s submitting an Essay based Reflective Statement of the CTTP modules and will be based on the following objectives:
- Learning Objectives of the Program
- Their take away from the Course and its impact on them and their Work place (if applicable)
- Barriers at their work place to implement their new learning’s
- The recommended solution they would propose to implement the new Learning’s
- A Project submission of a White Paper Document on a Topic selected from an optional list of Business Challenges
To successfully attain the CTTP designation, candidates must successfully complete a White Paper.
The Paper will be graded on a pass/fail basis and must:
- Be between 2000 and 3000 words in length, single-spaced in 12-point text using MS Word
- Include a cover page with the Title of the White Paper, your name, Company Name, Telephone number and E-mail address. Your name must also be included along with page numbers on each subsequent page
- Contain proper attribution and sourcing when referencing quotes, figures, etc.
- Be mailed or submitted electronically as an attachment to Sundar Vasudaven, Principal Consultant at email@example.com
Papers will be evaluated on a pass/fail basis and also based on whether they meet the following criteria:
- Timely and relevant content
- Proper substantiation of information
- Acceptable adherence to basic grammar and spelling rules
- Adherence to established essay-writing structure, i.e. begin with a statement of Purpose or thesis that is supported and concluded with a summary of the main points.
Candidates will receive their results within 21 business days of submission. Papers needing improvement will be returned with a strength and weakness report. Within ten days of receiving a grade, the test taker may request a re-grade.
The results of the re-grade will be final.